Farm to Fork
We take fresh food seriously in Sacramento. Our chefs tap into the 1.5 million acres of surrounding farmland to create some of the nation's most delicious cuisine. And with a year-round growing season that produces more than 120 crops, there's always something local that's cooking. Whether you're in the mood for a burger or a four-course meal, your dining experience in Sacramento likely started at a local farm.
The farm-to-fork fun doesn't end once your plates have been cleared. From tours, to cooking classes, to farmers markets, Sacramento has something to please everyone's palate. Visit farmtofork.com to learn more about culinary adventures in Sacramento.
2016 Farm-to-Fork Events
No one throws a party quite like Sacramento, especially when it comes to celebrating our food and drinks. For foodies looking for a true taste of California, our Farm-to-Fork events can't be beat. Here's a quick "bite" of some favorite, food-focused events.
The Farm-to-Fork Celebration - September 2016
Now approaching its fourth year, the Sacramento region's annual Farm-to-Fork Celebration is packed with some of the most anticipated food events in the country. Now spanning the entire month of September, The Celebration is filled with daily with farm tours, al fresco dinners, unique wine tastings, lively street festivals and much more. A few of the 2016 Celebration highlights will include:
- California Craft Brewers Beer Summit, Sept. 8-10 - The Golden State's best craft brewers will once again convene in Sacramento to celebrate the brews that are putting California on the map
- Farm-to-Fork Restaurant Weeks Presented by Raley's (Sept. 8-Sept. 25) - Farm-to-Fork Restaurant Weeks returns in 2016, with eateries across the greater Sacramento region offering seasonal Farm-to-Fork menus in honor of America's Farm-to-Fork Capitol. The events are produced by the California Restaurant Association, and a portion of the proceeds benefit the Food Literacy Center.
- Legends of Wine, Sept. 16 - Wine-lovers will have the unique opportunity to sample and discover more about some of the region's most celebrated varietals. Set against the backdrop of California's majestic State Capitol, guests will sip a wide array of award-winning wines paired and presented with artisan cheeses and more local delights
- The Farm-to-Fork Festival, Sept. 24 - The Farm-to-Fork Festival - one of the Golden State's most popular food events - will return to the city's Capitol Mall with more farms, food, drinks and experiences that help to demonstrate where our food comes from and who is bringing it to our tables. In 2015, more than 50,000 people attended the free, family-friendly event
- Farm-to-Fork Gala Dinner, Sept. 25 - A one-of-a-kind dining experience on the city's famed Tower Bridge that highlights the farmers and chefs who help to define our region