Sacramento offers an ideal blend of everything you’d expect from a California host city, while still maintaining the intimacy and ease that visitors crave when they’re away from home. You’ve never experienced a West Coast destination quite like this one – and once you have, you won’t want to go anywhere else.
Top 5 Reasons to Choose Sacramento
- You’ll actually LIKE flying in here - Sacramento’s award-winning International Airport (SMF) is just 15 minutes outside of downtown, boasting renovated terminals that are easy to navigate and full of delicious local food options and unique art installations. With 175 nonstop flights per day to over 35 locations, SMF provides the perfect spot to land. Prefer the train or traveling by car? Easily done as well. Learn more about getting here.
- You can get your steps in – Thanks to mild weather, flat terrain and easy-to-navigate streets, Sacramento is a highly walkable city. Downtown boasts 2,000 hotel rooms within walking distance of the convention center, along with countless restaurants, bars, coffee shops, farmers markets and more that are easily accessible on foot. And don’t forget to look up Sacramento’s mural festival... Wide Open Walls has added hundreds of murals to buildings across the city.
- You’ll need to bring your appetite – Known as America’s Farm-to-Fork Capital, Sacramento’s food scene has grown to be one of the hottest in the west. So much so, that famed Michelin added Sacramento to its prestigious Guide in 2019. Chefs from across the country and around the world are flocking to take advantage of the 1.5 million acres of farmland that surround the city and the thriving culinary atmosphere . From sushi to tacos, fine dining to fast casual, there are options to please any palate. Learn more about dining options in Sacramento.
- You won’t have to look far for fun – Redevelopment in Sacramento’s downtown core has added exciting retail, nightlife and recreation to this central spot. Convention-goers can take in a concert or NBA game at the Golden 1 Center arena or grab dinner and do some shopping at the surrounding Downtown Commons lifestyle plaza. And beyond the convention center, Sacramento’s Midtown district is packed with galleries, bars, restaurants and boutiques that offer a chance to live like the locals do. Learn more about things to do in Sacramento.
- You’ll arrive as a visitor, but you’ll leave feeling like a local – Despite its growth, Sacramento has retained its welcoming and approachable spirit. Travelers can very quickly immerse themselves into the community, even if they don’t go far from the hotel. Forgot your formal clothes but want to try a 5-star restaurant? No problem. Need a recommendation on the best place to get your morning coffee? We’ve got you covered.