Group Dining + Al Fresco Options
In the Farm-to-Fork Capital
From your meeting space to the sidewalks, Sacramento, California offers a cuisine scene unlike any other as America’s Farm-to-Fork Capital. Groups will find exceptional dining options throughout the city plus al fresco opportunities to enjoy some fresh air and farm-to-table bites before, in between and after sessions.
Downtown/Midtown Walkability to Meet Then Eat
Group dining is popular throughout Sacramento, especially at restaurants within walking distance of downtown hotels and the newly expanded SAFE Credit Union Convention Center. Whether you’re looking for a casual bite or upscale delights, a party atmosphere, a private room, an outdoor space, or even an entire restaurant buyout, you’ll find multiple group dining and al fresco spots for your attendees to enjoy.
Check out some local flavors and savory selections your group won’t want to miss out on in Sacramento.
*Al fresco dining available
- AAA Four Diamond award-winning restaurant in downtown’s Hyatt Regency Sacramento Hotel
- Upscale cuisine prepared using the freshest local ingredients
- Private dining space and catering available for special events
- About a five-minute walk from the convention center
- Industrial-style restaurant featuring local farms, ranches, breweries and wineries in both the kitchen and bar
- Patio dining available daily
- Private event space available upon request
- An easy 20-minute stroll from the convention center
- Serves a California-Mediterranean influenced menu in a stylish, comfortable setting
- Two elegant outdoor patio spaces can host up to 65 and 30 guests, respectively
- Indoor private dining room available for larger parties and banquets of up to 80 guests
- A five-minute walk from the convention center in vibrant Midtown
- A must-visit, award-winning staple restaurant serving refined New American, farm-to-fork cuisine in an elegant, contemporary space with a patio
- Specializes in private dining and special events, big or small, with numerous versatile spaces, or even a whole restaurant buyout
- Ideally located about five minutes from the convention center and all major hotels
- Spacious eatery featuring elevated, authentic Mexican cuisine and a wide-ranging tequila menu in a stylish atmosphere
- Private dining space available upon request for up to 60 guests seated, 120 standing
- A five-minute walk from the convention center
- Well-known restaurant chain offering unique dining experiences created by the art of fondue
- Three spacious private dining rooms available for up to 44 people
- Less than a five-minute walk from the convention center
- Bar and lounge located on the third level of the Kimpton Sawyer Hotel in the heart of Downtown Commons (DOCO)
- Serves upscale apps, craft cocktails, beer and local wines ideal for group happy hours
- Private and semi-private event space on rooftop pool deck available for up to 50 guests or a full buyout
- About a 15-minute walk from the convention center
- Elegant 1853 historic landmark turned award-winning local favorite for fine dining, group dining and special events
- The Courtyard’s 4,000 sq. ft. of outdoor patio space can host up to 400 guests
- Private dining spaces for up to 100 people among four elegant rooms
- An easy 20-minute walk from the convention center
And yes, there’s MORE!
Tempt your attendees’ taste buds at one of the many restaurants, eateries and bars that feature al fresco opportunities—and are all within walking distance of downtown hotels and the convention center. Your group’s culinary excursion in the Farm-to-Fork Capital awaits your future meeting or event in Sacramento.
Safely Dining in Sacramento
Regional leaders worked to ensure that the city now has more patio space than ever under the Farm-to-Fork Al Fresco program, which increased outdoor space for restaurants, including, in some cases, blocking lanes of traffic so tables can be appropriately spaced for physical distancing into the city streets.
Sacramento restaurants have adapted to better serve customers, keeping attendees’ safety a top priority. Those who have taken our Sacramento S.A.F.E. Pledge—a community-wide commitment to follow best health practices and guidelines to provide Safe Accommodations For Everyone—have agreed to uphold best-practice industry health and safety standards. Learn more about safely meeting in Sacramento here.
Planning Expertise for Group Dining Experiences
Looking for some guidance on where to have the ultimate group dining, al fresco experience during your future meeting or convention in Sacramento? Reach out to the expert sales team at Visit Sacramento or submit your RFP.