Recently, a group of travel agents from Australia experienced the Capital City for the first time. Our job was to develop an itinerary covering everything down to the transportation to show them the best of Sacramento. We arranged all this so they could go back down under and spread the good word to all the mates and sheilas.
This group of seven Jetset agency owners started their Sacramento trip off on the right foot. The first stop on the trip was to the wine tasting rooms at The Old Sugar Mill in Clarksburg. John Carvalho, of Carvalho Family Wines, treated the group to a tour and an extensive wine-tasting session which left everyone in a real happy place.
From there, we followed this itinerary:
• Check in to the beautiful Citizen Hotel
• Enjoy real-life mermaids and reasonably priced drinks at Dive Bar
• Gorge on a variety of gourmet pizza and witness amazing dough-tossing acrobatics at Pizza Rock
• Show off rodeo skills, or lack thereof, on the mechanical bull at Bulls
• Day trip to Nevada County for a little Gold Rush history lesson and more wine
• Pound sushi and beer on the fabulous Mikuni Sushi Bus
• Enjoy a Kings basketball game…which you can do if you’re Australian and have no idea or emotional connection to all the recent Kings drama. During baseball season, it’ll be a River Cats game. They are definitely staying put. (Thanks River Cats!)
• Get a great tour from Tour Guide Tony at the state capitol
• Tour the brand new Crocker Art Museum and Old Sacramento
The Aussie’s left happy, only slightly hungover, and with a better understanding of why Sacramento is a great destination in and of itself, not just the halfway point between Lake Tahoe and San Francisco. We welcome all international tour operators to give us a call and experience California’s Capital City for themselves. Did I mention we drank a bunch of wine and rode a mechanical bull? What more can you ask for?
Oh, and if you are a tour operator and you’ll be at Pow Wow, we’ll be there too! That would be a great time for you to learn all about all the fun things to do in Sacramento and arrange a trip of your own. If you’re not a tour operator, then you probably don’t know what Pow Wow is…so just forget I mentioned it.