Sacramento is a dream for many of your niche travelers and affinity groups. We have noticed that there is a rise in groups of people with a common hobby or interest traveling together in groups. Sacramento is one of the best locations for many of those niche groups to explore their interests and hobbies. And the best part is that we can arrange an itinerary suited specifically to their interests. From birdwatchers to culinary travelers to architecture enthusiasts, Sacramento offers a great starting point for your groups to explore their favorite interests up close and personal in a cosmopolitan city that is convenient, affordable and fun. Here are a few of our most popular niche travel options for your groups:
- Train Enthusiasts – As the home of the California State Railroad Museum and the birthplace of the transcontinental railroad, Sacramento is a must for train-lovers. Click here to visit the California State Railroad Museum homepage.
- Biking Tourism – In addition to the magnificent American River Bike Trail, Sacramento boasts numerous bike-only paths for cyclists to work their way from Davis to the foothills and beyond.
- Birdwatchers – The Sacramento region offers a number of birding sites including the Bobelaine Audubon Sanctuary and the Sacramento National Wildlife Refuge Complex.
- Culinary Tourism – As America’s Farm-to-Fork Capital, Sacramento is a top culinary and agricultural destination for foodies from around the world.
- Beer Lovers – Sacramento, once known as the Milwaukee of the West, continues to produce some of the finest craft brews available anywhere.
- Wine Lovers - The Sacramento-area collectively offer more than 200 wineries, vineyards and tasting rooms – most within a one-hour drive or less. You’ll find wineries that haven’t succumbed to commercialism, where tastings are still free or offered for a nominal fee, and where you’ll have intimate access to the wine making process and winemakers – many of whom greet visitors personally. Click here to visit the Sacramento Wine Guide website.
- LGBT – Sacramento’s businesses, restaurants, bars and entertainment venues welcome the LGBT market and events like the Pride Festival and the Sierra Stampede Rodeo celebrate LGBT culture. Related: Sacramento Celbrates Pride, LGBT Tourism
- History Buffs – Sacramento played a huge role in the westward expansion of the United States. Trace the history of California from the time before the Gold Rush to the modern west - from the settlement of Maidu Indians who were here long before to the Gold Rush to modern California history.
- Political Enthusiasts – Sacramento is home to one of the largest governments in the world. Visit the California State Capitol to learn how laws are made and passed in the state of California. Also, stick around to watch how the citizens of California interact with their lawmakers.
- Adventure Travelers – Biking, hiking, whitewater rafting and more – we have it all within a short drive from downtown Sacramento.
- Architecture – From the Capitol and Tower Bridge to Victorian Mansions and the Gladding-McBean factory, the Sacramento area contains prime examples of the history of California architecture.
- Motorcyclists – Motorcyclists love visiting Sacramento. From a breezy afternoon drive in the delta to the Sierra’s to hanging out with other bikers in Old Sacramento, your motorcyclists are welcome here in Sacramento. In fact, Best Western Sutter House has a special cage for their guests traveling by motorcycle.
We could go on much longer with more of the possible tailored tours for your groups, but the most important thing to note is that we can prepare an itinerary specifically based on your group’s interest. Please email us for more information about planning your next group tour to Sacramento.