This Week: Embracing Traditions, Young and Old
Traditions, tried and true and those brand new, are celebrated this week in the Sacramento region. Learn more about Native American and Hispanic cultures, survive a round of dodgeball, pick-up a good book at Fairytale Town's annual ScholarShare Children's Book Festival, and continue to enjoy the agricultural delights of Farm-to-Fork/Farm-to-Fork Restaurant Week. Here are the Sacramento365.com Top 10 Events for the first week of fall:
1. Farm to Fork Week, A few highlights:
- Cattle Drive, Capitol Mall Greens
- Legends of Wine, California State Capitol - West Steps
- Farm to Fork Festival, Capitol Mall Greens
2. Farm to Fork Restaurant Week (Sacramento), Various locations
Bask in the talents of the Farm to Fork movement as local restaurants showcase our rich agricultural bounty.
3. Ruhstaller Anniversary Party & Hop Sac 'First Leaf' Release, Ruhstaller Farm
Beer enthusiasts are invited to a movie night on the farm to celebrate Ruhstaller's 132nd anniversary and the release of Hop Sac's 'First Leaf.'
4. 46th Annual Native American Day, California State Indian Museum
Showcasing the theme "Parrihos: Partnership," this special day is devoted to maintaining Native Culture through oral histories and traditional dance performances.
5. John Witherspoon, Jazz and Jokers Comedy Club
Playing "Pops" on The Wayans Brothers helped John Witherspoon earn the reputation as one of TV's funniest dads--come see if he is funnier than yours.
6. 4th Annual Robots & Jell-O Shots, Discovery Museum Science & Space Center
This wacky combination of food, raffles, Jell-O shots and robots promises to bring out the "fun" in fundraisers.
7. ScholarShare Children's Book Festival, Fairytale Town
All aboard the reading train! This reading festival features storytelling performances, hands-on activities and presentations from 12 authors.
8. Pirates & Pumpkins Festival, Rio Ramaza Event Park
Ahoy, mateys! Party and play with pirates along the Sacramento River. A spooky pumpkin patch, cannon battles and savory foods are just a few of the swashbuckling activities you can partake in.
9. Brews & Balls Brewfest and Social Sporting Tournament, Placer County Fairgrounds & Events Center
Work your body and tastebuds as Roseville's first ever kickball, dodgeball, cornhole and homebrew competition.
10. Latin Food & Music Festival, Southside Park
Come celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month by discovering the wide spectrum of music, dance and cuisine found in Latino culture.
Find more events this week and every day of the year at Sacramento365.com.
Keep up with Sacramento365.com