This Week: Harvesting Ideas and a Love for Local
This week discover the food, thought-leaders and talent that make Sacramento one-of-a-kind. Restaurants battle it out for the best burger in town, creative ideas are shared at the local TEDx City2.0, a local past contestant of The Voice performs in her hometown, and the much anticipated Farm-to-Fork Week kicks off this Saturday. Here are the Sacramento365.com Top 10 Events this week:
1. Sacramento Burger Battle, Raley Field
Local restaurants cook up their best burgers for a great cause! A one night burger cook-off and tasting event on National Cheeseburger Day.
2. Sioux City Kid, Torch Club
Outlaw Americana outfit, Sioux City Kid comes to Sacramento. the Bay Area-based band is fronted by Jared Griffin and his inimitable gravel-lined baritone.
3. TEDxSacramento City 2.0, Crest Theatre
TEDxSacramento CITY2.0 is a two-session event surfacing stories of urban ingenuity and interdependence from across the globe and will focus on how bright ideas turn into collective impact.
4. 19th Annual California Brewers Festival, Discovery Park
Expect awesome beers from 65+ breweries and distributors, delicious food, live music and so much more!
5. Farm to Fork Week, A few highlights:
- 11th Annual Autumn Equinox, Soil Born Hurley Farm
- Feast at the Fort, Sutter's Fort
- Farm to Fork Train, Sacramento RiverTrain
6. Lindsay Pavao, Harlow's
A Sacramento native, this indie-rock, guitar-playing singer counts Radiohead, The Foo Fighters, Fiona Apple, and Bjork among her biggest influences.
7. Harvest Party, Revolution Wines
Celebrate a great tour of harvest with a complimentary tour of the winery from winemaker, Craig Haarmeyer and be the first to taste Revolution's 2013 wines. Get a behind-the-scenes look at the wine making process.
8. Yelp's Farm to Handle Block Party, The Handle District
Prepare yourself for a block party of epic proportions! Enjoy an afternoon of free bites from local restaurants, farm-fresh produce, drinks, live music and more!
9. Brian Regan, Community Center Theater
With his perfect balance of sophisticated writing and physicality, Brian consistently fills theaters with fervent fans that span generations.
10. Emancipation Jubilee, Crocker Art Museum
The exhibit Emancipating the Past: Kara Walker's Tales of Slavery and Power opens with an attempt to set the world record for the largest group reading of the Emancipation Proclamation.
Find more events this week and every day of the year at Sacramento365.com.