October in Sacramento means sweater weather, pumpkin-spiced everything, and of course, ARTober, the month-long celebration of the arts that shines light on those more "right-brained." In its first week, the talents of the creative class come alive through a number of performances and festivals--cultural, musical and everything in between. Here are the Sacramento365.com Top 10 Events for first week of the tenth month of the year:
1. ARTober, A few highlights:
- ARTober Kick-off, New City Hall, Tues 6pm
- 17th Annual North American All Youth Film & Education Day, Crest Theatre, Fri 8:30am-5pm
- SacWorldFest, Old Sacramento, Sat 6pm-9:30pm; Sun 10am-5pm
2. Steve Wozniak, Community Center Theater
Steve Wozniak, also known as "The Woz," co-founded Apple Computer with Steve Jobs and created technologies that ushered in the microcomputer revolution. See him live at the season opener of the Sacramento Speakers Series.
3. Norcal Noisefest 2013, Various Midtown Locations
Four Midtown venues host experimental musicians and their dedicated fans during this jam-packed four-day festival.
4. Dat Phan, Punch Line Comedy Club
The winner of TV's "Last Comic Standing" continues to make audiences laugh across the country.
5. The Doorway, Benvenuti Performing Arts Center
CORE Contemporary Dance invites you to discover the characters in the fourth season of its eccentric dance production.
6. 7th Annual Jazz and Beat Festival, John Natsoulas Gallery
Hundreds of artists, musicians and poets will flock to Davis for this annual event benefiting Davis High School music programs.
7. 8th Annual California Capital Airshow, Mather Airport
High flyers will once again roar across our skies! See international jet teams, military presentations and wing walking during this two-day extravaganza.
8. Sacramento Aloha Festival, Cal Expo
Spend the day learning about Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander cultures. With exhibits, performances and good food, you won't want to say "Aloha."
9. 6th Annual Walk Now for Autism Speaks, Raley Field
Experience the power of thousands united by a single cause by taking part in this fun-filled family event. You will raise funds for research and join a supportive community.
10. Delta Wine & Art Faire, Old Sugar Mill
If you love wine, art, music and books, then you will love this fundraiser benefiting the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society: Works program.