See below for just 10 events you can check out this week in the City of Trees:
1. Food/Wine: Bites, Beats & Beer, Bows & Arrows
The Eat Better Team presents this squash-themed installment of the eclectic monthly event. New Belgium Brewery will provide the brews, while DJ Rock Bottom will bring the tunes.
2. Music: Derik Nelson, Rosemont High School
Currently touring to raise money for the arts, the Glee guitarist will perform and teach a music workshop at the high school.
3. Special Events: Halloween
A few highlights:
- Halloween Carnival, Howe Park
- Halloween Bar Hop 2013, Old Sacramento
- Halloween Masquerade Ball, Jazz & Jokers
4. Music: Mazzy Star & Mariee Sioux, Harlow's
Celebrating their new album releases, these talented musicians will alternatively rock the stage this Friday.
5. Festivals: Dia de los Muertos Panteon de Sacramento, Between J & 20th Streets
Remember loved ones who've passed with this two-day presentation of colorful altars, true to Mexican tradition.
6. Dance: Cinderella, Community Center Theater
The company presents a whimsical version of beloved "girl of cinders" fairytale.
7. Food/Wine: Haunted Beer Train, Sacramento RiverTrain
Your body and tastebuds will be in for a trip during this three-hour ride. While on-board, sample beers from Heretic, Sudwerk, and Six Rivers breweries.
8. Night Life: Mike Epps, Memorial Auditorium
The stand-up comedian and actor, best known for his performances in the Friday trilogy, touches down in Sacramento for one night of laughter.
9. Sports/Rec: Run Because You Can, Crocker Park
Hosted by Runnin' for Rhett, this run/walk encourages the community to get off the couch and get fit.
10. Art/Film: Matt Shepard is a Friend of Mine, Crest Theatre
This intimate film screening is the story of love, loss and grief that will never go away for those close to the gay civil rights icon.