This Week: Discover Something New
Temple Roasterie & Anniversary Party. Photo courtesy of Temple Coffee & Tea.
Do something different this week. Whether its hearing new music, appreciating the artistry of comics and textiles, or learning how to brew that perfect cup of joe, you are sure to discover something fun at one of the many exciting events happening here in Sacramento. See below for 10 outings you can attend during this breezy November week:
1. Special Events: Al Gore, Community Center Theater, Nov 12
Since the 2000 election, former Vice President Gore has been busy educating the public on climate change. See him at this Sacramento Speakers Series event.
2. Museums: Art Mix/Crocker Con, Crocker Art Musuem, Nov 14
Like Comic Con, but with an artsy twist! Expect appearances from Marvel & DC Comic illustrators and sightings of caped crusaders.
3. Music: Misfits, Ace of Spades, Nov 14
Recognized as the progenitors of the horror punk movement, this legendary band is set to amaze (and terrify) the Ace of Spades stage.
4. Special Events: Sacramento Quilt Show, Scottish Rite Center, Nov 15-17
The River City Quilters Guild displays wearable art & hundreds of quilts at its annual show.
5. Theatre: Shrek The Musical, Hiram Johnson High School, Nov 15-16 & Nov 22-23
Based on the Oscar-winning film, the River City Theatre Company brings the tale of everyone's favorite ogre to life.
6. Food/Wine: GRAVITY's Adventures in Wonderland, Beatnik Studios
This wonderfully "mad" cocktail party benefits Sacramento-based foster youth programs.
7. Festivals: The SnowBomb Ski & Snowboard Festival, Cal Expo, Nov 16-17
Get ready for Tahoe's fresh powder at this festival dedicated to all things winter sport.
8. Food/Wine: Temple Roasterie & Anniversary Party, Temple Coffee - Midtown, Nov 16
Celebrate the coffee house's eight years in business with a day filled with education classes, barista competitions and live music.
9. Sports/Rec: Sacramento Mustache Run, Sutter's Landing Park, Nov 16
Sport your mustache proudly while running this 5K along the beautiful American River.
10. Music: Trombone Shorty and Orleans Avenue, Ace of Spades, Nov 17
Grammy-nominated jazz-funk alchemist brings a bit of New Orleans to Sacramento.
Find more events this week and every day of the year at Sacramento365.com.