OUR MISSION: Strengthen the positive awareness of the City and County of Sacramento as a convention and visitor destination to increase revenues and stimulate economic development and growth for the community.
We at Visit Sacramento take our job seriously. The work that we do is not only challenging, exciting and fun it also makes an incredible impact on many people and organizations within the greater Sacramento area.
Visit Sacramento works hard to find dedicated and brilliant people. As a result, we take great care in the selection of new employees. We expect all employees to contribute to the success of Visit Sacramento. If you are interested in joining our team and your background and experience matches our current job descriptions, we invite you to submit your resume for review. If you do not hear from us, please be assured that your resume will remain in our active files for the next six months. Thank you for your interest in Visit Sacramento.
Under general direction, manages, plans, coordinates and executes Visit Sacramento special events, which are designed to generate hotel room nights and stimulate interest in the Sacramento region as a destination for business, convention and leisure travel. The event manager will be involved with the assigned events from concept through execution and follow-up.
On-site event staff and interns as needed
· Responsible for all events tasked by director, from conception to execution which include, but are not limited to:
· Farm-to-Fork events produced by Visit Sacramento
* Legends of Wine
* Farm-to-Fork Festival
* Tower Bridge Dinner
· Sacramento Sports Commission events produced or hosted by Visit Sacramento
* NCAA events
* Amgen Tour of California
* USA Track & Field Events
· All other Visit Sacramento-produced events
· Prepare event concept papers, budgets and wrap-up reports.
· Create timelines, event checklists and event operations manuals.
· Manage event logistics including permits, entertainment, security, parking, staffing, volunteers, etc.
· Lead regular committee meetings for each event.
· Exercise discretion to negotiate vendor pricing; plan, compose, and manage budgets; and track expenses of each event.
· Plan and create work schedules, job assignments, and expectations for event staff and volunteers.
· Organize, implement and delegate check-in and registration for selected events
· Manage and coordinate sponsor/partner activations with events sales team and sponsorship activation coordinator to generally ensure fulfillment of all parties’ event-related obligations.
· Work onsite at all Visit Sacramento special events unless otherwise directed (will include weekends and holidays)
· Delegate activities to the event operations manager as needed. Budget tracking, invoicing, collections, vendor payments, insurance, event permits, vendor RFPs and grant writing.
· Delegate activities to the sponsorship coordinator to ensure sponsor/partner activations are successfully fulfilled.
· Prepare weekly status reports and event alerts.
· Coordinate event-related communication with communications staff.
· Represent Visit Sacramento at business events, community events, conventions, openings, and galas, as required
· Other duties as assigned
· Minimum 2 years college coursework in business, marketing or related subject or equivalent work experience.
· Minimum 5 years event management or event communications (with client interaction) experience strongly preferred.
· Possesses excellent time management skills, outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
· Pays attention to details and gets the job done; can work autonomously at times.
· Strong background in delivering outstanding customer service.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills in both a group and one-on-one setting.
· Computer literacy including strong MS Office skills and familiarity with client database management and accounting systems.
· Ability to make sound decisions and recommendations and take direction.
· Ability and willingness to work hours that exceed a typical Monday through Friday 40-hour work week, as required.
· Valid California Driver’s license with proof of insurance.
How to Apply
Email resume and cover letter to Sheri Graciano at email@example.com.